At Arizona Balance & Hearing Aids, our mission is to offer high-quality hearing care to our valued patients. Even though we’re all adjusting to a new normal way of doing business, our audiologist in Phoenix, AZ is happy to have remained open and seeing patients during the current crisis.
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). The health and safety of our patients and employees are of the utmost importance.
We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and comfortable experience when you visit our office.
Your Safety & Health Are Covered
Because your safety and health is our top priority, we’ve been working on ways to provide hearing care with an enhanced focus on your well-being. When we see you in our office again, we want you to know that we’ve taken multiple steps to ensure your health and comfort.
At your next visit to our hearing center, you can look forward to the following:
- Throughout testing and treatments, our staff will maintain a strict routine of sanitizing or washing our hands. We are also maintaining as much distance as possible
- We will be staggering our schedule to allow for one patient in the front office and one patient in the back
- We are currently putting in place a remote payment option and we are encouraging people to use the patient portal. If they are unable to do this, all patients will complete their documentation in their testing room
- The waiting room will remain closed
- We are offering curbside service for ALL clean and checks, hearing aid repairs, or supplies. Just call us from the parking lot and one of our staff will come out to your vehicle promptly to grab your hearing aids so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your own car
- We are making video conferencing available to those patients who are able to be evaluated via smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer equipped with a camera for history and testing results. Our goal is to avoid as much face to face contact as possible
- We will ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in our reception area. Once patients arrive they will be taken directly to their treatment room to complete any paperwork or business transactions
- We will advise patients to maintain proper social distancing and if they are more comfortable waiting in their car, we will offer to call or text them when we are ready to seat the patient for the appointment
- We will screen all patients using an infrared forehead thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be rescheduled unless emergency pain, swelling, or infection is present. These emergency patients will follow the protocol listed below. These patients will also be advised to call their physician’s office
Contact Our Audiologist in Phoenix, AZ Today!
We believe these steps will ensure the health of our valued patients and staff, so we can continue helping people enjoy the sounds of life again! Please contact us at 602-265-9001 with any questions or click here to schedule a consultation.
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about other topics related to audiology, feel free to contact Arizona Balance & Hearing Aids by clicking here or by calling 602-786-5023.