Experienced Pediatric Audiologist in Scottsdale, AZ
We Care For Your Child’s Hearing Health
If you’re looking for an experienced hearing doctor who can help diagnose and treat your child’s hearing loss, then you’ve come to the right place! Our expert pediatric audiologist in Scottsdale, AZ, offers effective, top-rated hearing loss rehabilitation. Modern developments in the field of audiology have introduced treatment options that offer advanced hearing loss solutions for your child. They also offer exceptional hearing clarity, noise-cancellation, and features using the latest technology, like Bluetooth connectivity.
If you’re concerned about your child’s hearing, bring them in for a consultation with our audiologist as soon as possible!
What Your Child’s Consultation Will Be Like
During your child’s assessment, we will learn about their exposure to noise, medical history, and family history. Our experienced team will then use our advanced technologies to determine the following:
- Your child’s hearing potential
- How the size and shape of their ear canal impacts their hearing ability
- Their ability to hear in quiet and noisy environments
- How well they hear with multiple people speaking at the same time
State-of-the-Art Hearing Tests
Using a series of standard and specialized diagnostic hearing tests, our team will thoroughly evaluate your child’s hearing in order to best serve their unique hearing needs.
Standard Hearing Tests – Performed during your child’s initial consultation:
- Pure Tone Hearing Test – Plays tones and pitches at varying volumes
- Otoscopic Ear Exam – Examines the ear canal and eardrum for damage
- Speech Discrimination Test – Measures how well your child hears speech from varying distances
Specialty Hearing Tests – In some cases, standard tests do not provide us with enough information, so we may need to use one or more of the below specialty tests for an accurate diagnosis:
- Auditory Brainstem Response – Assesses the function of the brainstem, as well as the neural passages from the inner ear
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry – For children between the ages of 6 months to 3 years old
- Otoacoustic Emission Test – Measures the function and the response of the inner ear hair cells when subjected to stimulation
- Electrocochleography – Analyzes the electric potentials generated by the inner ear hair cells, as a potential indicator of hearing loss
- Conditioned Play Audiometry – For children 3-5 years old
Using the information we gathered about your child’s hearing history and their test results, we will be better able to determine the best course of action for their hearing loss.
Schedule Your Child’s Consultation with Our Pediatric Audiologist in Scottsdale, AZ, Today!
When you are ready to learn more about hearing loss diagnosis and hearing rehabilitation for your child, give our friendly office a call at 602.265.9000 to schedule an appointment.
During the appointment, our 5-star-rated audiology team will take the time to answer all your questions about our approach to hearing rehabilitation, our advanced treatments, our standard and specialized hearing tests, and anything else that you would like to know about us!
Come experience unmatched, personalized care at Arizona Balance and Hearing Aids – we look forward to having your child join our family!